Monday 17 March 2014

chinese gardens



Hey pals!! I hope life's been treating you all well :) 

In lieu of us not being in Singapore to celebrate the Chinese New Year, my family and I decided to take a trip to the city to visit the Chinese Gardens!

On the way to the gardens we stopped by Umi in Darling Harbour for some sushi (hehe sushi is literally my life) and it was so crowded so we had to sit outside!




This was probably my favourite sushi of the day omg it was blowtorched salmon with this perfect sauce dvFGdfdsck the Japanese people are literally geniuses 


The gardens were in full swing with visitors as it was Chinese New Year! (below: 'Happy New Year' in Cantonese)



When you first enter there's the quaintest little bonsai garden, I loved it so much :')



As a special CNY thing, there was a table with cards on which visitors could write their hopes and dreams for this coming year and then hang them in various places!



Hahah this was my cheesy one but it's definitely true!


The landscaping of the place was gorgeous!!! And the architecture... 


 













A polaroid... 

The big pagoda! The building was so intricate, I absolutely loved it.




After we finished walking through the gardens we stopped at the tea house on the way out for some refreshments and food!




We then took a short walk to Chinatown and walked through the main street which was bustling and noisy as usual!


An old man's dough sculptures which he was selling:


I always have time for Yogurberry! Hahah.


Walking through Chinatown we bumped into a street parade for Chinese New Year! The costumes were beautiful and so were the lions and dragon.





On our way to dinner at our favourite haunt, Kopitiam, which is just down the road from the Powerhouse Museum (I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who likes authentic Malaysian cuisine!) we passed these pretty cooool posters on the wall at the side of the road.







Annnnd on the way back to the car we spotted this amazing chalk wall running down a fair bit of Darling Harbour where visitors could write their own message! I love interactive art so I took a couple of photos (unfortunately there was no chalk left so I couldn't leave my mark D:)



..... So that was my day! I hope you enjoyed reading this and hopefully I can post more stuff soon :) 

What I wore:
  • Gap denim skirt (only $2.50 from markets in the Philippines!!! best purchase ever!)
  • H&M denim jacket
  • Chinese halter top from Paddy's Markets
  • Kmart socks (lol)
  • creepers from ebay


Sera xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment