Saturday 26 April 2014

Sydney Biennale 2014



Hey lovelies!

A couple of weeks ago Tara, Fiona and I decided to visit the Sydney Biennale exhibition. We caught a ferry to Cockatoo Island, where about 30 artworks/installations were being displayed. It was really cloudy and windy that day but the weather was lovely anyway :)

 

Some photos from the installations on Cockatoo Island...



In this artwork, the artist used the exact likeness of the wall except added extra colour to it (there was a fake wall in front of the actual one which was painted on)! I thought it was so cool :)




 



Tdawg

Photo courtesy of Tara




The wind was so strong omg my hair went haywire

Screenshot from Tara's Youtube Vlog/OOTD on that day - everyone watch it!


I just thought it was so lovely how rustic and pretty all the buildings looked:


This installation was so cool because as well as the massive projection of a waterfall, there was fans and speakers imitating the wind and sound of the water falling!




 

There was a section in which we could actively participate and interact with the works! 


 

 

It was raining on the ferry back so we had to sit inside, which was pretty cool too :) We sat our chairs facing the window and ate snacks lol


Buds 


At the ferry terminal we met up with Tara's friend Luna, and after having lunch together we all went to the MCA, where more Biennale artworks were being shown.

This neon sign in front of the MCA reminds me so much of Petra Collins' work!



This was the coolest installation - the whole ground was covered in coloured duct tape!!! 



I had to




I just have a thing for neon signs like this:
"Madness is like gravity - all you need is a little push."




These circular objects are intended to imitate barrels of water and are made out of glass. They were incredibly fragile and each weighed over 700kg! To get them into the room, the roof had to be lifted off and each individual one was crane-lifted onto the ground.


We were stalking the guy on the left for quite some time, he was very genetically blessed!! :D


Ahh I really need to stop posting so many photos D: But hope you guys enjoyed this post and if you live in Sydney you should definitely take a look at the Biennale!

My friends' links:
Fi: Insta

What I wore:
  • Outer sheer shirt from an op shop
  • Inner halter top from ICE
  • Denim skirt from Gap
  • Jacket (I carried this basically the whole time) H&M
  • Creepers from eBay
Until next time :)
Sera xxx

ps. Thanks to my friends for their respective photos! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! this exhibition looked so fab, I wish I lived in sydney!
    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! The exhibition was definitely a must-see, it was so great :) xx

      Delete