Sunday 8 June 2014

my weekend



Hey guys! Just thought I'd update you on what I did this weekend.

I woke up pretty late on Saturday morning, having stayed up late the night before watching Spirited Away for the first time, such an amazing movie!!! One of my favourites probably.
Later that morning I drove out to meet my two friends Tara and Fi to watch The Fault In Our Stars!! I'd heard heaps of reviews about it and I absolutely loved the book so we decided to see it. We grabbed a quick lunch then headed to the cinema.

All in all it was an amazing movie, but nowhere near as good as the book! I didn't cry, though half the cinema was sobbing, hahaha. After that we walked around/shopped a lil while more and then we went home.

This was my quick outfit:

idk if you guys noticed but I got my fringe cut differently! Hahah I'm not regretting it at all, I needed a change!



What I wore:
  • Blue windbreaker - vinnies
  • Cropped top - kmart
  • Tennis skirt - vinnies
  • Platform boots 
That night I headed out to the city to see Vivid Sydney!!! It was so crowded but worth it.
All the installations were beautiful and the projections were flawless and vibrant!


Sorry for the bad quality photos, my camera isn't so great at night..



The projections on the MCA were probably my favourite.



I look like a witch HAHAH



To escape the crowds we took an elevator to the highway which provided us with an unadulterated view of Circular Quay - and plus it was completely empty! It was funny looking down and watching the crowds walk by underneath us.




 I also loved the projections on the Sydney Opera House!!



Walking back down through the Rocks we chanced upon the Canon HQ, which was so bustling and colourful. There were photos being displayed by various photographers depicting photos of what they cared about, ranging from the environment to children in the Himalayas.


There were several stations at which people could print their photos for free, so I printed a few of my photos from the night! It was so fun :)




We then walked down through the Rocks Markets and through to under the Harbour Bridge, where there were these really cool bunnies! Haha.



The view of the Sydney Opera House was great from there too.



What I wore Saturday night (it was colllld):
  • Mesh top - ebay
  • Dad's old denim jacket (badges from various places)
  • Platform Boots
  • Green velvet maxi skirt - Kirribilli Markets


On Sunday I took the train by myself to the Kirribilli Markets because I'd heard there were several cool stalls on. It was pretty good that day but not the best. Nevertheless I still left with a really cool vintage leather belt, a vintage Levi's oversized denim vest and a MinkPink off-shoulder cropped top, all of which I'm heaps excited to wear!!

Anyway those were pretty much the highlights of my weekend, feel free to comment about Vivid or TFIOS down below! I'd love to read what you guys thought of them. :)

Until next time! Sera x

5 comments:

  1. aww your weekend is so full and, exciting, I feel so boring ha. I can't wait to see tfios, I cried in the book, so I'll probably end up in tear for the movie. vivid looks amazing! x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you so much!! yeah i actually cried in the book as well, both times i read it! i'm sure it was good to you :) and it was! soo crowded but beautiful anyhow :) xo

      Delete
  2. guhh your weekend looks like so much fun, i watched tfios yesterday and loved it but i didn't really start crying until the end credits started rolling. your outfits are so cool and vivid sydney seems amazing, i love when art is outside of a museum setting for everyone to see!

    //kanyinsola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks heaps hehe!! ooh yeah it does get pretty heavy towards the end. thank you so much!!! yes vivid was definitely amazing and i totally agree :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love what your wearing!
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete