Sunday 1 June 2014

city chills





Hey guys! Sorry for the massive hiatus, again.

Can you believe it's already June? I'm not sure if it's just me but this year has flown past SO FAST! I literally can't keep up.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago it was my friend Jen's birthday, and to celebrate she invited me and a couple of friends out to the city today to have high tea and hang out! :)

The QVB was beautiful as usual, and it was so weird finding the Tea Room right at the top... I had no idea that it even existed until we climbed the stairs to the 4th floor.

It was in a massive, bustling ex-ballroom and the decor was unbelievable. I felt like royalty!!




Everyone was staring at me weirdly because I was madly taking photos of everything! 


...Aaaand the food came! It was all served so neatly and everything looked so gorgeous, I almost didn't want to eat it! 


I chose the most AMAZING tea ever - a herbal infusion tea called 'Heaven and Earth', and it truly tasted like heaven! It was green tea with an infusion of strawberry and kiwifruit, and smelled so nice too :)



Tara


Some photos of the food.. 



Our table looked so pretty with all the beautiful china :)


These sandwiches were the best sandwiches I've ever tasted, and there was also a tart with a garlic mousse and a biscuit-thingy with some sort of salmon mousse inside too. The sandwiches were cucumber & cream cheese, tuna & basil & pinenuts, and egg.


This was the best tier! There was a gorgeous fruit tart and the most amazing tiramisu/gateau cake, with chocolate mousse on the top and a cherry-flavoured bottom (I explained that really badly but it tasted like heaven and it even had a dried flower petal on top!!!)



There was also scones with jam and cream - so good!


The bottom tier had a lovely fruit (couldn't put my finger on the actual fruit but it tasted sorta like orange/passionfruit) macaroon, as well as a raspberry cheesecake and cupcakes with passionfruit icing on top - by the time we had gotten to the bottom tier, we were so full! 
The whole thing was so much more filling than we had expected, hahaha :D


We basically rolled out of the Tea Room and wandered around the QVB for a little while longer, and then decided to drop by Red Eye Records, one of my favourite haunts in the city! 

I'd definitely recommend visiting, it's along York Street right next to QVB and has such a great range of new and used vinyls, CDs, DVDs, and groovy music memorabilia :) Plus it's pretty reasonably priced!!


The walls are decorated so nicely with colourful vinyls and album covers!!




Suuuch a great range of music, like I said before!



We shopped a little bit around Town Hall again and then wandered over to Pitt Street, where there was the cutest little boy busking! He was so talented with his singing and the guitar and probably had more confidence than I ever will :) I reckon he was about 9 years old.


The Strand is as beautiful as QVB and we went into JB to look for more CDs and vinyls :) 


My outfit..






Bella (right) and Jen (left) - happy birthday Jen :)



My great friend Tara - check out her insta and Youtube if you haven't already!!


We did a lil bit more walking around and then headed home. 
Omg but can we just take a moment to appreciate my new shoes :')))))))) They were only $20 and arrived in the mail the other day!!!!! New favourites and just in time for winter!!!



We took a few kewl photos on the train


My lemon- and Jen's 1975-inspired nails :D


The coolest thing was when I got back to my station, there was the most amazing double rainbow in the sky!



The sunset was so beautiful when I got home :) such a great end to the day!



What I wore:
  • Mesh cropped top (from eBay)
  • Green plaid kilt/skirt I got for $4 at a market a couple of weeks ago!
  • Dad's secondhand denim jacket (the badges are from various places)
  • Platform boots from online
  • Green glitter trim socks from H&M (gifted)
  • Red leather bag i got from the markets for $2!!!
Hope you guys enjoyed reading this post (which was mostly about food lol)!!!!
Sera xxxx


2 comments:

  1. SO JEALOUS THAT YOU ALL LIVE IN SYDNEY, so cool. I love your outfit omg, I'm dying over those shoes so amazing

    x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW you should definitely come and visit!!! so many cool things to see and do especially right now! and thank you so much, and me too i am seriously in love with them!!! :)
      x

      Delete